Sunday 17 March 2013

Charlotte's Web

Well I finally read it. After years and years [or decades and decades in my case] of putting it off because I knew how it ended, I gave it a go.

I'm so happy I did, it's a fantastic book. 


Charlotte's death [the spider] was handled great, even though she did die alone in the end and Wilbur [the pig] lived kind of happily ever after.


What I really loved about it though was it's message of friendship. Charlotte knew she was doomed, but gave her last energy to keeping Wilbur alive, and Wilbur in turn became Charlotte's babies guardian angel. 


It's all very Disney, even though it's not. However, the author does not talk down to the children the book is meant for.


I did not cry, but I feel as if the film or TV versions of this would turn me into a sniffling mess, so I might give them a miss. However, this book will be finding a permanent place on my bookshelf as I will def be reading again in the future.



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgvYAdVahHpt-JStie1gJ2_e41J49nw7wQqSJIw32uELr12dn8ZPAobVsm6iADsS1slVIOLobZZq5mz-Q6JclVmGWgAEjrWHP1VDtynwD0W6Ck7876HPZmuMEhlOiKLgN_xeDNfHJyA-s3V/s400/charlottes-web-coloring-pages-1.gif




   
     

1 comment:

  1. I think if a book makes you want to read it again then its a job well done.

    My blog

    ReplyDelete