Monday 11 March 2013

Monday Shitting Blues

 Waking up to snow outside your window is always a pretty sight.
It looks so serene and peaceful and gives everything such a Narnia look of gorgeousness.

However, if you have to venture out in it for any business other then building a quick snowman, it becomes a bloody pain, and if your driving in it an absolute nightmare.    

After clearing my car off of snow this morning, and after regaining circulation in my fingers afterwards I was off to work.  

Despite it only being surface snow and all the roads and pathways being clear, its good to see it still brings out all the panic drivers who decide that driving at 5 mph is the right way to go. 
Then of course we have taxi drivers and the white van men who I have temporary forgotten own the road to deal with. They can never decide which lane they would like to sit in bless them, so usually decide to use both. 

Oh and cyclist's, just to let you know a red traffic light means you need to stop too, its not just for cars, unless you have a death wish and are on a suicide mission like the cyclist I came across this morning.  

My journey, all of 6 miles this morning took me one hour to complete, all the while the radio telling me that our steady resistance to antibiotics is probably going to kill us all eventually. 

Arriving at my work call, I find myself ringing the doorbell to an empty house and that my call had been cancelled the night before at short notice and I need not have got out of bed this morning.     

After another lovely hours drive home, dealing with red lights and morons all the way, I have decided to go back to bed with a book. Looking at my list of the BBC'S Top 200 Reads, my next book to read is Charlotte's Web, which I have somehow managed  to avoid reading all my life.

However, I am led to believe it involves a lovely spider called Charlotte, who has babies and then dies. Great !!! 




https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiWHqE6sL07UpDNXnvIEM_m05kyC54MmuPjC3tIC645J5281P6xSRE8pMCP3ik-BhSLqvHdG1uh6GovugvYhzgjlegww_71NCXj4_hOOPJwdfRrk6HMUqwxa1QiH6M2W_iaRwKwZUiZTQgp/s320/medium_6733322351.jpg

   
       

1 comment:

  1. Haha you are very funny Tammy! Great post!

    http://clairescastlesinthesky.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete