Tuesday 7 May 2013

Winnie the Pooh

I was not sure what to expect from this book. It is another childhood classic that seemed to pass me by without having either been read it as a child, or read it myself in later years.

I obviously know who Winnie the Pooh is, and all his friends, but have just never read any of the literature. 

It's quite a short book, with a collection of different stories,involving Winnie and his friends.

I actually found it fairly enjoyable and really well written. Each character is involved in at least one story and the story is used to show each of their individual personalities.

Winnie, obviously being the main character, is lazy and only thinks of consuming honey, but is kind and helpful to all his friends.

Eeyore, a highly depressive character, who sees doom and gloom in everything, and without his friends would probably hang himself from the nearest tree.

Piglet who seems to be a anxious fellow and scared of everything. Owl who is wise and who everyone goes to for advice. Rabbit who is the bossy one, and Kanga and Roo, who seem the sensible ones of the group.

From this original book there is no Tigger. But I can see why he was added at a later time, as it was obvious that the group lacked a complete nutter who just loved to bounce. lol    

2 comments:

  1. LOL I think when Tigger retires you should apply for the job! :P

    ReplyDelete