Friday 24 May 2013

The Princess Diaries

The Princess Diaries, is the first book of a series of books about a young girl called Mia, who discovers she is actually a princess of a small country. 

It has since been made into a Disney film which I have seen a few times over the course of many years.

The book is written in diary form, which for some reason I always enjoy reading and is light, easy reading.

Disney picked and changed a few things from the book for the film, such as Mia's father being dead instead of alive and characters names and personalities changing, but overall did a good job of representing the book.

Meg Cabot is a very popular writer among the youth, and even though I wont be rushing to buy or read any of the Princess Diaries series or other titles of hers, I can imagine that this is the sort of book I would have enjoyed reading as a young teenager.    

No comments:

Post a Comment